Sunday 4 April 2010

Sleep. When?

Perhaps it's nature's way of preparing one for impending parenthood but it's difficult to fathom a reason why, of late, neither of us can get more than a few hours of sleep a night. What's more is that our dreams (or nightmares as they would be more accurately described) are in sync which doesn't lend itself to a great nights sleep. Most vivid bizarre dreams too. Last night I woke up in a stress because I had missed my flight to Ireland, and couldn't find the key to someone else's front door. It was the 4th flight of the week because, for some reason, I'd been flying out there every day. How utterly random!

So many people have said to me, "enjoy your full nights of sleep while they last, because you won't get any soon." What full nights of sleep? The only good nights of sleep I've had are the ones where Suz and I have been in separate rooms. It's odd that the synching doesn't seem to pass through walls. It's like Suzy's bluetooth doesn't quite have the range to span to the next room.

Don't get me wrong, it's still joyous to behold this wonderful thing blessing my life. I just wish the run up to parent intentional was not paved with such a lack of sleep.

On a lighter note, baby based procurement is well and truly in full swing now and it's quite surreal to have a pram sat in the kitchen, with 3 and a bit months to go before the baby is transported to the other side. We even have a wardrobe, shelves, and a chest of drawers dedicated to Baby Reed. Thankfully 50% of the relationship is unlike me as, had it been left to me to plan, we would be 'popping in' to Tesco's on the way to labour to get some nappies. Seriously, we would.

No comments:

Post a Comment