Sunday 13 February 2011

La vita nova

It was once said that life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Tonight was one of those life changing moments that took my breath away to as prodigious a degree as the announcement that I was to be a father. Two of my dearest friends sat before Suzanne and I and confessed something they had been hiding for a number of weeks; that they were to bring a newborn into this world in little over 6 months. The news was completely, totally and utterly unexpected. Hearing this news took me back to the elation I experienced some 15 months ago. I felt a warmness in my heart and a realisation that this news was to spell out, I hope, a future carved out in a stone shared by all of us for many years to come.

To Si and Jo - congratulations to you both. I can't wait to meet Baby Tate.

No comments:

Post a Comment